Ahhhh… the often overlooked and easy to ignore email marketing list. Don’t let this vital part of your marketing, networking, and business strategy fall by the wayside! Just as I recommend you invite everyone to coffee, you should add everyone to your email marketing list.
Management and attention to your email list is a huge business opportunity. Try these simple tips to boost your email ROI:
- Ask people for their email. Well that sounds easy enough. Chances are you haven’t been doing it though. Make it an automatic part of your information gathering and use it. After you’ve met someone, send a quick email just to put a period on the end of your meeting and to solidify any ambiguous plans you may have had. Even just a simple note saying, “It was so nice to meet you. Please save my contact info…” is a nice touch that will leave a positive impression.
- Offer something in exchange for their subscription. An easy way to gather emails is to offer a free download with business tips or tricks. This is also a great way to market yourself and give people a snapshot of your services. Don’t give away too much, though - just enough to get them coming back for more! Check out my free download here for inspiration.
- Make your email address accessible. Can people find you? The last thing you want is for someone to be attempting to contact you, but discouraged when their search for your email is unsuccessful. Even if you don’t want to provide your direct email on your website, provide a generic hello@ or contactus@ option. Make sure you have a designated team member assigned to checking this account and directing emails accordingly.
- Create a recurring drip marketing campaign. Sadly, it’s not enough to just send one initial email and call it good. I recommend establishing a recurring campaign and series of (maybe even automated) emails. For instance, if someone opens your email or clicks on a link, a follow up series of emails is initiated. Email automation tools, such as MailChimp, are helpful in managing your contacts and email campaigns in this way. Check it out!
- Follow up. My #1 tip! If nothing else, just follow up with each and every contact. That can be as simple as completing step 4 above. However, don’t overlook the power of personal contact through a direct email, phone call, or even handwritten note. The bottom line is, your email marketing list, and ultimately your business are not growing if you’re not harnessing the potential of your contacts.
Need help with managing your email marketing list from start to finish? Give us a call at Piccolo Marketing at 615-348-7768 - or send us an email ;) at email@example.com - to get started!